If you are reading this you are probably considering or realizing it is time to make some home improvements. It may have been years since you remodeled or have done any revisions or updates in the way of home improvements.
It might be a good idea to start by opening up your front door and stepping inside as though you are a guest or visitor. As you step inside, what is the first thing you see that is old, outdated, boring and drab?
Let’s start by taking some notes of what you may see when you do walk into your home.
· Flaking paint, dirty walls, and outdated wall color
· Pictures with tired looking frames are on the walls
· A fireplace that looks boring, drab and out of date
· A kitchen counter top that needs some dressing up
For now, we are going to respond to the notes listed above and go over some easy and low cost revisions and updates.
· One of the easiest and most affordable home improvements is paint. A gallon of paint is so reasonable and has immediate results. If you can’t do anything else, paint a wall with a color that you like. If you make a mistake in the color you choose, go buy another color and paint it again. This is the most inexpensive update you can make, and a mistake (in paint color) is a low cost fix.
· Change the pictures on the wall with new wall art or maybe you just need to change the picture frames. If you don’t want to buy new frames think about painting the one’s you have. Again, paint is inexpensive. Let some of your creativity come out. It is okay to be creative; if you don’t like it just redo it.
· What is happening with your fireplace mantel? Would your mantel look better if you refinished the mantel surface? Maybe it can be cleaned, stained or painted. What is supporting your mantel? Are the mantel brackets or corbels old and uninteresting? Change out those old mantel brackets with hand forged wrought iron angle brackets or metal corbels that will enhance and make your mantel a beautiful focal point in the room. There are some unique and outstanding iron angle mantel brackets online that are heavy duty, beautiful, very artistic and not found in local stores. Go to Google Search and type in Iron Angle Brackets and see what your find.
· Your kitchen counter tops may be in good shape, but may need some updating with the support bracket that is used underneath them. Change out those old wood braces with updated hand forged iron angle brackets or metal corbels. You will be excited when you see the improvement that a little effort takes.
As you can see with just a small investment you can make enhancements, revive and update areas of the home that you see each and every day, and with little expense and effort.
So, what are you waiting for? Roll up your sleeves and get it done. See the results when you open your front door and step inside. Enjoy coming home again to an updated look that reflects your great personality and taste.